Main Program (includes geography, crafts, vocabulary): Expedition Earth (world geography) and Beautiful Feet’s Geography ThroughLiterature (
United States Geography Update: We are only using Seabird to go with world geography. I'm saving the other books for next year.)
I’m adding in the following to continue with our world geography theme:
- Poetry: Around the World in Eighty Poems
Global Art: Activities, Projects, and Inventions from Around the WorldUpdate: We are using Geography Through Art and Home Art Studio Grade One
- Music: Wee Sing Around the World
- Animals and Habitats: The Complete Book of Animals Update: We added Sassafras Science Adventures Zoology
- Literature: Teaching with Cinderella Stories from Around the World and in-depth study of four novels, The Big Wave (Asia), The Whipping Boy (Europe), Mr. Popper’s Penguins (Antartica), Charlotte’s Web (North America).
You can find my lesson plans under the Curriculum tab or in the tag cloud under Globe Trotting Girls.
- Math in Focus 3A and 3B
MEPWe are only using Math in Focus at this point. While I love MEP, we just couldn't hack two main math programs anymore.
- Singapore’s Challenging WordProblems Grade 2
- Singapore’s Intensive Practice 2B and 3A
- Education Unboxed
- Michael Clay Thompson LanguageArts Island Level (includes grammar, writing, vocabulary, poetry)
- Daily Grammar Practice Grade 2 (grammar)
NoMore “I’m Done!”: Fostering IndependentWriters in the Primary Grades(composition) Update: I found a really good deal on a used copy of IEW's Student Writing Intensive A so I went with that. I plan on using No More "I'm Done!" with Magpie for first and second.
- New American Cursive (handwriting)
- Apples and Pears Book B and C (spelling)
- K12 Literature Grade 3 (reading)
Apologia’s Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day along with the JuniorNotebooking Journal Update: Since we added Sassafras Science to our World Geography study, I decided not to do this. We might use it next year, but Chipette is really wanting to use the next Sassafras book, so we will see.
- Spanish: REAL Spanish
- Nature Study: The Nature Connection: An Outdoor Workbookfor Kids, Families, and Classrooms
- Shakespeare: Finishing up Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare by Edith Nesbit
- Character Development: What to Do When Your Temper Flares: A Kid’s Guideto Overcoming Problems with Anger
- Independent Reading for thirty minutes
- Math worksheets from Math in Focus, Challenging Word Problems, and Intensive Practice
- Poetry copy work
- Complete Book of Maps and Geography
- Typing: Dance Mat Typing
- Logic: Mindbenders 3 and LogicSafari 1
- Xtra Math
Every Day: Math, Bible, Spelling, MCT LA Island level, IEW SWI-A, Read Aloud, K12 Literature
Days One and Day Three: World Geography and Science
Days Two and Day Four: Loop Schedule of Spanish, Character, Beautiful Feet Geography, Miquon, and Shakespeare