School Name: Live Oak Academy. Our name comes from one of the verses that my blog is based on Psalm 1:3 where it says, “He (the righteous man) is like… a tree whose leaves do not wither.” Live oak trees do not lose their leaves in cooler weather; they are green year round. We also have one in our yard so that was part of the inspiration as well.
School Mascot: The Fighting Squirrels. I pushed hard for The Acorns (cause you have to be a bit “nuts” to homeschool), but was outvoted.
School Motto: The Word, The Lost, The Goal
Meet the Students
This year Live Oak Academy has two students officially enrolled for the year.
Chipette is in 4th grade this year. She wants to be a ballerina when she grows up and is starting her second year at Level 5/Pre-Pointe.
- Dramatic…all normal activities must have an element of a story or imagination to make it worth doing
- Gifted in language arts
- Loves Shakespeare, poetry, and literature
- Excitement and joy show from the top of her head to her toes
- Sympathetic to the struggles of others
- Hates disappointment
- Loves animals
- To her the world is full of wonderful things to enjoy
Magpie is in 1st grade this year. She wants to be a teacher when she grows up and is starting taekwondo next month.
Magpie in an acorn shell:
- My firecracker…not afraid to be brutally honest and a natural born administrator
- Best laugh of any kid I know
- Professional cuddler
- Tenacious and tough
- Amazing ability to memorize
- Hates having her hair brushed
- Loves small spaces
- To her the world is something to be conquered
Live Oak Academy also has one unofficial student this year.
Monkey is three, but will be turning four in the spring. Not sure what he wants to be yet, but he’s got time to figure it out.
Monkey in an acorn shell:
- Sensitive…he wears his heart on his sleeve and you have to be careful not to bruise it.
- Natural born comedian
- My biggest helper around the house
- Amazing fine motor skills for a three year old boy
- Living doll for his sisters
- Hates the water
- Loves singing at church
- To him the world is something to be explored, preferably in a big pickup truck!
Live Oak Academy Faculty:
Teacher, Cafeteria Lady, Janitor: Chelli aka Mom
Principal and Maintenance: Preacher Man aka Dad
Superintendent: God aka Supreme Being of the Universe (Yep, He’s in charge of this homeschool)
Looking forward to a great year in the tree house,
P.S. A HUGE thank you to Jenna Hooker Photography for the beautiful pictures of the girls. I was dreading back to school without a camera, but you saved me!